Tips for Fundraising Success
- Decide what you’re going to do – Whether it's your passion or a new challenge, pick your project.
- Contact our Fundraising Team – We’d love to hear what you have planned and we’ll support you throughout. Email Euan at euan@KidsOR.org.
- Set up a JustGiving page – Your friends and family can donate to your fundraiser with ease. Simply visit Kids Operating Room on JustGiving to set up your personal fundraising page.
- Get your first donations in – family and close friends are often the most generous donors, and will give your confidence a kickstart.
- Share your story – Use your social media to share with a wider network of people. You can find powerful examples of our work on Facebook and Instagram to inspire donations. Don’t forget to send emails too – it’s a great way to contact friends, family and colleagues who you can’t reach via social media.
- Fundraise at work – Whether you're arranging a pub quiz, holding a raffle or running a bake sale. Remember to find out whether your employer has a matching gift policy.
Keeping up momentum
- Follow-up with an email – people are busy and can need a reminder. Capture your supporters attention again with another email.
- Share regular updates – You can remind your friends of what you are doing and why. Posting a photo explaining your motivation for fundraising is a powerful way to engage supporters.
- Don’t panic – Hitting a fundraising target is no mean feat. Try smaller activities like a dinner party or raffle is a great way to boost your fundraising and say a personal thank you to supporters.
- Say thank you – Saying thank you is a brilliant way to brighten your supporters’ day and remind those who haven’t supported of the difference their donations could make.
- Don’t stop – Once you’ve hit your target keep going, donations can still come in. 20% of donations are made once the event is over.