JOB TITLE: Administrative Assistant
REPORTS TO: Office Manager (direct line Manager)
HOURS OF WORK: Full time, 35 hours per week. Some flexibility around working hours.
LOCATION: Based within our Edinburgh office on George Street.
SALARY: £18,000 - £20,000 per annum (dependant on experience)
ABOUT KIDS OPERATING ROOM
We believe in a world where every child has equal access to safe surgery.
That doesn’t seem like such a big ask. Every child has a right to life and that shouldn’t be taken away by an injury or illness that is easily fixed.
Children who battle cancer and undergo chemotherapy shouldn’t get to the end of that process only to be denied the surgery that will offer them the chance of survival. Children who break an arm or a leg shouldn’t live the rest of their lives in disability.
Our vision is for a world where every child is treated equally. Our mission is to support local doctors through the provision of training and infrastructure to ensure they can use their incredible talents to care for their nation’s children.
ABOUT THE ROLE
The Administrative Assistant will work alongside the Office Manager in the Edinburgh office based on George Street. The role will involve a variety of administrative, support, and clerical tasks.
This position would suit a school leaver or those looking to develop a career in a small & vibrant office in a charitable organisation. The role offers potential for career development within the expanding team and the opportunity to work with a passionate group of individuals.
- Dealing with staff queries
- Data inputting
- Document creating
- Mail management
- Office supplies procurement
- Invoice processing & petty cash management
- Business operations IT support
- Dealing with SharePoint portal
- Providing adaptable support to the team
- Positive can-do attitude
- Flexible for varied tasks & workload
- Ability to manage own workload and prioritise time sensitive tasks
- High level of attention to detail
- Confidence in liaising with clients & suppliers by email, phone, or in-person
- Willingness to learn and upskill
- Basic IT skills including Outlook, Word, Excel, Teams, Zoom, etc.
- Previous administrative experience (preferred)
Knowledge and Skills
How to apply:
Deadline: Closing date for applications is 5pm on 28 September. This job advert may close early if the right candidate is found.
Please send a CV and Covering Letter with the position name in the subject line to: hello@KidsOR.org
Please note in line with GDPR law, all personal documents (CV's, Covering Letters, etc.) are deleted and destroyed as soon as the applicable position has been filled.